Equilab is compatible with Apple Watches (generations 3+). Read the guide below to start using your Apple Watch to help track with Equilab!
To get the Equilab app to work on your Apple Watch, you'll need to have the app installed on your phone and on your watch. Once you are logged into your Equilab account on your phone, you can install the app on your watch by taking the following steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone
- Tap the My Watch tab
- Scroll to the Equilab app option and tap "Install"
After you've successfully installed Equilab on your watch, you should be able to open the app from it.
When you've set up the app on your Apple Watch, there are two ways to use Equilab:
- Remote: The Remote mode is default and you can use it for free. It requires you to bring your phone with you to record your training. In this mode, you'll be able to start/stop the recording of your ride and to see live measurements on your wrist while training.
- Standalone: The Standalone mode allows you to record your trainings with only your watch, and leave your phone at the stable. You enable the Standalone mode in the Equilab settings on your phone, and it requires you to be subscribed to our Premium plan. Note that you can’t get any gaits when you are using the watch Standalone, but you will still see the map, distance, speed and more.
When you finish a Standalone ride, you'll want to ensure that the ride is uploaded to your device so that it can be saved on Equilab's servers. To do this, ensure you keep the Apple Watch app open with the Equilap app running (even if in the background) after finishing your ride, until it can sync with your iPhone. Then, once it's synced to your iPhone, you'll need to tap "Save" to ensure it is uploaded (just like a normal tracked ride).
You'll be able to see whether there is a pending ride that needs to upload from the first screen in the Equilab app on the Apple Watch by looking for a cloud "upload" symbol in the bottom right corner. (If there is a cloud symbol with a number, that means there are that many rides waiting to upload.)
Tracking rides standalone with the Apple Watch does not currently support the Safety Tracking feature, however - so you'll need to ride with your phone for contacts to be able to follow your rides in real-time.
Edit training/Pick horse
If you want to add a note, add or select a horse, or add the ground type to a training, you'll need to open it from the app and then press "Edit" in the training view.
Note: It's important to make sure that the Equilab Apple Watch app stays on foreground to ensure your training is fully tracked. (If the app is shut off by your watch, it will stop the recording of your ride). You can change the settings for your watch by taking the following steps on your iPhone:
- Go to General
- Tap "Wake screen"
- Tap "Apps"
- Tap Equilab, then select Custom (after pressing digital crown)
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always here to help.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article